Ride Time: Meet at 8pm, ride out at 8:30pm
- Portions of the ride take place on public streets with traffic. All riders join us at their own risk and organizers and those helping are not responsible for any potential injuries or issues that may arise.
- Helmets are optional. We ask that you have a working front and rear light and a bell as those are legally required on the road. The more lights the better as it goes with our glowing ride vibe. We also love to ring out bells like crazy along the ride so the community can hear us.
- It is important to the Glowriders that we spread good cycling vibes throughout the city. As such, we try to be good cyclists by following the rules of the road along the ride. When on a two lane road, please stick to the curb lane to allow the left lane for other traffic to pass us.
What: This is a friendly gang/group bicycle ride around the city with both bikes and riders decked out in lights and glowsticks. The ride is open to anyone of any cycling ability. It’s a leisurely ride through the city which usually takes about an hour or so. It’s important to us that we ride legally around the city and are good cyclists. One of the intentions of the Glowriders is to promote safe and legal cycling and help spread friendly cycling vibes.
Where: Meet at Corktown Park at Ferguson Ave/Young St/Forest Ave Google Maps
What to Bring:
– lights/glowing equipment – I’ll be bringing some 8 inch glowsticks that we can use (PWYC). If you want anything more crazy than that, I encourage you to go nuts and raid the party/dollar store. There’s lots of great battery powered lighting options available online for fairly cheap. They’re sustainable and less wasteful then glowsticks, so I’d encourage acquiring something along those lines.
– water – in case you get thirsty until we can acquire beer
– a bell, we’ve had great success having a chorus of bells ringing as we ride
– a lock to secure your bike if you join us at the end of the ride
– friends who also want to join a gang
- The ride is casual and is designed to be accessible for anyone of any cycling ability. The route takes us about 90 minutes from start to finish. Don’t let that scare you, it is at a casual pace and you’ll be having so much fun you won’t even notice! We stop at a few spots along the ride to ensure everyone can catch up and we travel as a group.